frreUnion Pacific has gained widespread national recognition for being an excellent place to work. Here are just a few of our awards:
- The National Business Group on Health (NBGH) has named Union Pacific one of the 2012 Best Employers for Health Lifestyles. Union Pacific is the only railroad or transportation provider among the companies honored. All UP employees have access to a comprehensive wellness program, which includes assessments, screenings, education and support.
- Fortune has named Union Pacific the railroad industry's "Most Admired" company. UP ranked No. 1 among the railroads in each of Fortune's nine key attributes of reputation. Fortune also included Union Pacific among its 363 "World's Most Admired" companies
- BusinessWeek named Union Pacific among the top 50 "Best Places to Launch a Career."
- The Secretary of Defense named Union Pacific the recipient of the Freedom Award, the highest recognition given to employers for their support of their employees who also serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
- G.I. Jobs magazine has again named Union Pacific one of the most military-friendly employers in the country.
- National Chamber Foundation presented Union Pacific the Hiring Our Heroes Award for our committment to hiring and supporting military veterans.
- Military Times EDGE named Union Pacific among the Best for Vets 2012 Employers.
- Named a Best Diversity Company by Diversity/Careers in Engineering and Information Technology magazine.